Thread: NEW and venting
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Justlizzyd

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
i say them, but i am a former them. i may not have been the most long term, chronic crackhead, but long enough and damaging enough. no way to live, that's for sure. hard grip to break.
I'm sorry, I have been offensive. I'm just angry and sometimes I say things without thinking what others have been and are going through. I really have turned hard here lately. I used to be more understanding. I gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.

My husband is addicted to meth. It has a strong hold on him. He used to be a heavy user but has slowed down dramatically for a year now. He thinks I should be happy he is trying. I am but I think it is time for him to take it to the next level and get it out of his life. I will be the first to raise my hand and say I don't understand addiction. I just don't. I honestly don't understand how a person can not stop doing something if they really did not want to do it. I am not trying to pass judgement on addiction, I just don't understand it. I really cannot wrap my head around it.