Thread: NEW and venting
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Justlizzyd

Thanks for the welcome. There are no nar anon meetings where I live. There are a few alanon. I went to a few and found it depressing. Maybe I should try a few more with a different group. I am about to the "I don't care" point. It makes me sick to my stomach. Anyway, we go to marriage counseling. He goes to counseling, same Dr., on his own and we go together. The Dr. is well aware of his addiction. He also goes to a phychiatrist for his addiction. He is getting help, but his heart is NOT in it. He is not ready to stop or he would. He is just trying to keep his marriage, not help himself to a better life. He is not 100% sure in his mind that it is not okay to use. He knows I hate it. He has not reached a bottom and knowing what he has been through in his life, I am not sure he has a bottom......

I am tired of being supportive. I know that sounds terrible. That is how I feel. I do love him. I love him, not the addict. I hate the addict! It's a shame, he could be such a good man...a great man. He is so talented, smart and such a good people person. What a waste....