View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mardy06

lost and hopeful

I am new to this and am unsure of what i am doing or saying right now. At one time I was on the opposite end of the drinking spectrum. I used to be the wife attending support groups for people with alcoholics. I am the alcoholic now. I have 6 kids, 2 are step children, and I have a busy work life between my kids. I get called and texted whenever from work constantly, still try to make a homelife work, and then there is my husband. I started drinking when i got remarried almost 3 years ago. I was able to handle every angle thrown at me without loosing my temper. Three years later, I continue to drink every night, at least until I drink myself to sleep. I feel guilty and horrible in the morning, about continuing to drink, but pick it back up the minute I walk in the door after work. I dont get out anymore in the evening, unless I have to, now that my daughter drives. I would be humiliated to go to AA here where I live because of the town I live and wanting to start somewhere, and maybe it is here.