Old 09-05-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
OceanSize

very expensive. back when i was there, they accepted insurance but I'm not sure if they do anymore. i am an alumni, but was not there for alcoholism. however, they did treat my issues with the 12 step program.

i have been sober for 18 days. i am now a member of AA and while it just didn't click back when i was in rehab at ST, the tools i learned at ST are now Finally Finally Finally Finally coming in handy, because i can access them, now that i am working the program.

while i was in ST almost 10 years ago, I am just now finding my sobriety, and coming to realize a power greater than myself can and will restore my sanity. I am more grateful today for my experiences there than ever before. I recently pulled out my notebook to finally face that which i could not face then.

In fact, the staff always did tell me that when i needed ST in my mind, it would be there. and it is.

if you can afford it or if they are still taking insurance, I can tell you that while it took 10 years to click, it may have actually been the second greatest thing i've ever done for myself, the first being sobriety (18 days ago)

I've been wondering where other ST alumni are, and am not yet at the point where I want to find them. Two of my friends died within a year after leaving Sierra Tucson. One was sober, but she was innocently hit by a car while riding her bike. The other od'd on heroin within weeks of graduation.

I'm here. I feel like a miracle today. I am grateful for you Sierra Tucson. If you are reading this, thank you always.