View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FoundmySelf

Day 12... The Sun is shinning

I am 12 days sober today and things are starting to get better.
I went to my first meeting and I am going again tonight. I can't wait!!
Going to the meeting was a big turning point for me, however
The biggest thing for me was joining in the chat rooms here and making friends!!
It was that instant talking to someone, that not being alone, the feeling of acceptance.
It was the new found friends in chat that gave me the strength and courage to walk through that door for the meeting.

I make it a point to walk my dog three times a day now before I never left the house
I talked to my neighbour the other day (I am not sure who was more surprised me or him..:rotfxko)
I have played with my children, baked with my children and just in general been present for my children. It has been hard because I have struggled but I have made this an effort and was able to do it.

I have struggled in these 12 days, I have wanted to drink, I have wanted to give in. But I am here today and I am 12 days sober and the sun is shinning brighter then it has in 15 years.

I don't want to drink today, I have no desire to drink today and so I am going with that. I will take what today gives me and just deal with that.

Thank you each and everyone of you. For helping to pull me out of the fog and help me stand on my feet. I have a long road ahead of me, but at least now I have a path in mind.. and its not so lonely

Mish