Thread: sobriety-fail.
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SUECAT

Anna, Paperdolls- thank you so much for your wise words. Yes, the shame is one of the worst symptoms of this addiction And your story about your sponsor totally rings true. The support of my group has been so valuable. It's just painful to go in there with bad news so often. And you're both totally right, no one said this was going to be easy! I have to believe that the struggle is worth it, and certainly not as hard as losing my job, loved ones, more relationships, my sanity(!)... etc. I wonder how you guys have done it-- was it so incredibly hard to envision a life without alcohol??? I know my perspective is still clouded from all of the days/years of booze. A few days of clarity have always allowed me to see more clearly. But how do I 'get over the hump'? Especially when I live alone? I know that I'm not alone but the physical sense that I am is so strong, and I strive to find the serenity in it. One of the huge gifts of sobriety... right?
I wish I had the secret recipe for turning sober days into sober weeks-/months/years/ the rest of my life.
I know- one day at a time... but really. How?