View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi twilli59,

I don't usually post on this forum, but I saw no one had responded to you yet.

Kratom gets brought up here periodically, often by people who think it is a good idea for opiate withdrawal. NOT!

Subox gets thrown around a little on the substance abuse forum, too, and your story is typical of often-cited-examples of why people want to avoid substituting one drug (opiates usually) for another (subox).

I am not a subox "opponent". Same for methadone. I think they are medically supervised drugs that can save lives for some.

Yes, some people do get addicted to prescribed medications. Like opiates. Like subs. I have issues with docs who contribute to that problem, but I won't get into that hot political debate here.

I think it is kind of your doc to try to help you get off Kratom. Now here you are trying to get off subs.

Yes, the squirrel is running the show.

Look, at some point, if you are really interested in recovery from substances, you have to jump off. The stories you hear about doing that painlessly are few and far between. No matter what you detox from, you are likely to experience withdrawal.

Withdrawal does suck -- BUT, it is part of detox for most of us. You just have to decide when that is going to be for you.

FT