View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 04:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kanamit

Originally Posted by BobGT View Post
I just ordered it and will report back after I read it. Thanks.
If you have read Carr's book you might feel a little cheated as on the surface it's almost the same book. However, there are some gems in there and Jason goes into more detail about his own history (which is very colourful) and the biological effects of alcohol on the body.

There is one great analogy which I'll share:

Like RR and EasyWay he says quit and then never reverse the decision. He says when you do that your friends will ask you, 'Are you still not drinking?' and he says that's like ringing someone up the week after they've passed their driving test and asking, 'Can you still drive?' I thought that was good.

Jason Vale is actually best known for extolling the benefits of drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juices. By doing this he cured himself of asthma, eczema and psoriasis. This particularly appealed to me as I'm really into nutrition and am now using AVRT to follow Joel Fuhrman's Eat to Live programme (in fact, this is originally why I wanted to quit drinking). If you look him up on YouTube you'll see how fit and healthy he looks now. He's one of the most enthusiastic people I've ever seen on television; it's contagious.

According to Wikipedia Jason Vale was once a therapist for Allen Carr, which would explain the similarities. What I can't fathom is, how did he not get sued for plagiarism?