Thread: BF in Recovery
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cag

Thank you so much for your replies! I appreciate the article on boundry setting,that is definitly something that I am struggeling with and it helps to understand that they are boundries to respect myself not to nececessarily tell him what I expect of him. So I feel kinda funny asking but if I am to not be a part of his recovery why do Naranon meetings? isnt that making myself involved with his addiction? I get that it is to make myself better informed and self aware for my own good but it is spending time and effort on coping with his addiction ???.And when you suggest having no part of his recovery what has worked best for you? I feel like I would be ignoring it and a huge part of his life when I talk to him if I didn't ask how its going..and really I want to know if he is staying clean or relapsing.Yes I oficially broke up with him a few months ago but we both hope that we can be happy and healthy together one day,I am working on being realistic that that may not happen..I picked up a copy of "Codependant no more" and couldnt set it down last night,it has shown me alot about myself,its hard to admit that I am so codependant,I have really prided myself on being an independent person...lots to work on,thanks again