View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 05:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Cadence57
Barn Goddess

WOOHOO!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

I went to my first F2F meeting tonight!!!
Spent much of it in a "private meeting" with the other newbies (three of us) and two "old timers" They explained the process and how the meetings work - nice NICE people. I liked the group and was comfortable right away.

I have to tell y'all -- LOL -- I was (once again) mortified. First I got there and the church where it's held is HUGE which was intimidating... Then I asked someone who parked the same time I did, if this was where the Al-Anon meeting was - she said yes and told me to follow her husband... which I did... right into an AA meeting (which I didn't realize). They asked if there were any newbies in the room and I raised my hand --- THEN I asked the woman beside me if this was the alanon meeting (NO)... UH OHHHHH I asked her where it was and she said in the next room (NOT)... A gentleman was entering as I was ready to run away in a panic -- so I asked HIM where it was and he went into the AA and asked someone who told him it was in the basement...
OK, so now a trip to the basement (it smelled disgusting down there - like an old pool cover or something) and as I'm walking down the steps (now 15 mins late) and I'm sweating it... then...
I hear voices...
Laughter???
Then I see the faces -- I was overwhelmed by the number of people in this meeting - I think there were about 30 people there.
Unfortunately, between being late and having the "orientation" meeting, I didn't get to experience much of the real thing - but I saw and heard enough to know that I'll be back.

Thanks, you guys for the nudges and pushes... I"m sooo glad I went!
Hugs!