View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ajangel

Originally Posted by CaiHong View Post
Ipnangel,

It's good to vent. I may be one of those that is annoying you. If I am, let me explain, I am isolated, in a foreign country unable to get to meetings easily. I stumbled upon this website and one that I recommend often.

I feel strongly if I don't post the link I am neglecting my duty as an alcoholic, by not sharing my experience, what is helping me. Often I have gone to meetings, talked to someone, read something that was just what I needed at that time. I get a daily dose of positive reeninforcing, great advice on this forum I get to hear others experience and learn from them

This is what recovery is all about for me.

The first month of my sobrietry a friend of a friend in AA would e-mail via my friend, forward on the e-mail, then we decided to e-mail directly, I too felt that she was pushing stuff down my throat, I would die a horrible death, that I must do the steps now and so on. The woman had the best of intentions but I was a little fur ball of resentment, any attempt at lighthearted correspondence was rebuffed as unimportant, it was important to me.
Anyway I thanked her for her time. My friend had not received an e-mail for a few weeks and called me, concerned that I had fallen off the wagon as the AA friend had predicted. I hadn't. I could have. I could still.
About a month ago I completed a 360 kms bike trip in 4 days, according to her it was because I am an alcoholic and that alcoholics are obsessive. To me it was part of being sober, instead of talking about stuff I would like to do actually doing them.

Back to the point I too don't like to be preached at or pre-empted but the longer I am sober and strong in that sobriety, which means working a program that works for me, I am less bothered.
I think I have taken over your vent and made it mine. Seriously, thanks for that I needed to get that off my chest.
all the best
CaiHong
Thank you for your response. I so appreciate a kind word and advice. Its when people get on their soapbox and debate each other that bothers me. Frequently when someone asks for help and it no longer becomes about the OP.