View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CaiHong

Ipnangel,

It's good to vent. I may be one of those that is annoying you. If I am, let me explain, I am isolated, in a foreign country unable to get to meetings easily. I stumbled upon this website and one that I recommend often.

I feel strongly if I don't post the link I am neglecting my duty as an alcoholic, by not sharing my experience, what is helping me. Often I have gone to meetings, talked to someone, read something that was just what I needed at that time. I get a daily dose of positive reeninforcing, great advice on this forum I get to hear others experience and learn from them

This is what recovery is all about for me.

The first month of my sobrietry a friend of a friend in AA would e-mail via my friend, forward on the e-mail, then we decided to e-mail directly, I too felt that she was pushing stuff down my throat, I would die a horrible death, that I must do the steps now and so on. The woman had the best of intentions but I was a little fur ball of resentment, any attempt at lighthearted correspondence was rebuffed as unimportant, it was important to me.
Anyway I thanked her for her time. My friend had not received an e-mail for a few weeks and called me, concerned that I had fallen off the wagon as the AA friend had predicted. I hadn't. I could have. I could still.
About a month ago I completed a 360 kms bike trip in 4 days, according to her it was because I am an alcoholic and that alcoholics are obsessive. To me it was part of being sober, instead of talking about stuff I would like to do actually doing them.

Back to the point I too don't like to be preached at or pre-empted but the longer I am sober and strong in that sobriety, which means working a program that works for me, I am less bothered.
I think I have taken over your vent and made it mine. Seriously, thanks for that I needed to get that off my chest.
all the best
CaiHong