View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 05:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
saphira

Smile Alcoholic sunflower!

Good morning everybody!!

Well, my first day sober back at the end of May, my son and I planted sunflower seeds in our garden. He really wanted to, and I thought maybe it could be sort of a symbol for me. So we planted about six sunflower seeds. Took care of them-- watered them and did a little weeding so they would have room to grow. This morning I woke up (sober!!) and looked out my window. There is one big beautiful blooming sunflower out there!! Of course I could see it growing these past few months, but as of yesterday it was just the stalk growing and growing-- up to about 12 feet high.

But this morning is the first morning that I saw the bloom on it. Beautiful! I don't know if any of you have watched a sunflower grow but there's something really cool about how even when it's really tall, it turns to face the sun so that it can get the sun's rays. Everyday I would see the leaves shift and couldn't help but think it's a great reminder for myself. Take good care of myself, and continue to seek out whatever I need to keep growing-- even if I have to turn myself backwards to do it. Just like a sunflower.