Old 08-24-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ditzieblonde69

If she only knew how it affected others...

Hello. I am a 22 year old daughter of an addict mother. She has been addicted to popping pills since I was very young. My father left her when I was 14, leaving both me and my 7 year old brother in her care. After they seperated I was old enough to care for my younger brother while she was messed up, but when I turned 16 she had another child and after he was born she was back at her addiction. I had to grow up pretty quick to take care of both my brothers, and I ended up dropping out of highschool so I could make sure they both were taken care of. She did recieve treatment when I turned 17, and things were going so well. She finally relasped about two years ago, and of course denies it. I constantly worry about her health, and when she is driving around with my now 6 year old brother in her messed up state. She has gotten into plenty of car accidents, and few of them with my 6 year old brother. I worry that I will get a phone call one day at work, or where ever I am and be told that they were in a horrible accident and neither of them made it out alive. I do not know what I will do if I ever lost my mother, and especially my little brother. Hes like a son to me since I have raised him since the day he was born. My mother was put in jail tonight and was charged with a 3rd degree DUI. Thankfully she was by herself in that car, but once again here I am trying to figure out what I, myself am gonna do caring for a child. She needs to be put into treatment once again but I just dont know how to go about with doing so. I need help, I cannot sit back and watch this anymore. Something needs to be done.