View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by NotSoSmart View Post
Before I met my AGF I was a single parent for years. The ex dipped out early and I've had sole responsibility for my boy ever since. He's always had problems in school with behavior from an early age and I've been dealing with this for 7 years now alone. I think that is what hit me... I'm alone when I'm supposed to have a partner who can help out when I'm burnt out and I'm feeling resentment that my life is not that way.
I raised two daughters by myself for the most part starting in 1986. There were days I did cry because I was so weary of doing it all by myself. Daughter #1's father lived two hours away, and didn't have time for her. Daughter #2's father only lived 35 miles away, but was non-existent in her life.

Who is to say I'm supposed to have a partner? No one. I had to buck up and realize it was all up to me, and do the best with what I had.

I understand your frustration and exhaustion. How is your conscious contact with your higher power? Your son can also sense you being off balance and feed off of that.

My sponsor often reminded me that my kids were a good gauge of where I was at in my recovery. When I was struggling, they were bouncing off the walls.

When I was solid and had a good conscious contact with my higher power, things were much more manageable.

I hope you are able to take some time to "recharge" and find your balance. Sending you hugs of support!