View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 04:00 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
bratnik

Early Bird bratnik here -

Hubby woke me up this morning getting ready for his weekly morning commute (to the east coast).

Again, a ton of posts to keep up from last night! How was everyone's night?

Chimp - sounds like working at home is wearing on you. I can understand that- I'm not even WORKING - I am just at home all the time. I know that is partly my own fault but one can definitely go stir crazy after awhile. But just think of what you are preparing for - this exhibition is so big for you!! Perhaps the stress is getting to be a lot to handle. Take a step back from it all, look at everything you are doing, your hard work, your dedication, and be F'ing PROUD of yourself!

Look at how far you have come with your work. I think I hear emotional and mental fatigue with you - which shows how much of your mind and soul you have been putting into this preparation. Your will may feel weak. But please, don't drink now. Not after how far you have come. And for what is upcoming as well. The way you described the drink, the pubs, the conversation, the ROMANCE, and the escape sounds grand and lovely but it ain't that romantic!!! It's the dreamer in you coming out creating that romantic scanario (and it was quite beautiful reading the description!!!) It's alcohol. That's it. IT's an escape, but not a romantic and pretty one. THe pubs smell, the conversation gets annoying as each pint empties, etc etc.

Can you get out for some tea at a cafe for the same experience? The weather, the tourists and conversation, the escape for an hour or two?? Just to get out of the house, clear your head, shut off your mind for a moment? Maybe read the paper or a book, and watch the world go buy for a bit? Maybe that would take away some of this building pressure and tension.

We're all proud of you and pulling for you Chimp!!!!

-your friend Anna