Thread: Slipped
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

Mistakes are made and lessons are learned. Each time we slip we feel more remorse because we 'know' there is sobriety, we know there are days of productivity, days where we can live it to the fullest...not passed out on the couch then awakening to go buy more booze. Congratulations on being sober for a year.
You are only co-dependant on the booze. Nothing else. You can be alone sober. You've done it. But now you know taking that first sip leads you back into the realms of guilt and shame.
I separated from my husband last August -a year this coming week. I thought "Whoo-Hoo" I can drink...no one's here to "watch" me, no one's here to babysit me. But I lost my soul ~ and quit. I lost the heart of my life. I lost me.
I'm still alone...me and muh dogs...I'm comfortable in my own skin and can live life without always feeling like I need to be taken care of. After about 30 years of booze...it's 7 months this month.
You will have no control over the feelings of anyone in your life. Don't try. All you can do is change yourself and let them know you need to earn their trust back.
I have learned that most of my new life in sobriety depends on patience and life's sequence in my journey. You can't MAKE things happen. The only thing you can make happen is your sobriety.
Wishing you peace and strength.