View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Paddyb

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Soup View Post
Just read the most recent posts with interest - I never knew what the 1/5 or similar type amounteed to in UK terms. I would keep changing my drinks around but in the end I either drank mostly wine or vodka. I know I have had the equivalent of over a 750ml bottle of V in a day as I used to get the litre bottles and sometimes there was very little left If I was trying to be "good" or moderate I would only get 2 bottles of wine in - they would not be enough for me and sometimes I would get a 3rd bottle or be miserable if the shops had shut. At the weekends I would get in a box of wine (3 litres) a litre of vokda and some beer and/or cider for variation. Uggg.

I would see no point whatsoever in me having just one glass of wine. One bottle of wine would just wind me up.

Im glad to have read these posts to remind me of how sick I was and how absolutely incredible it is that my liver is not damaged!

No wonder its taking me some time to get my energy back and my mind is still much slower than it should be. I feel a bit more accepting of my current situation now. Its going to take a LONG time to get everything back to how it should be if that is even possible. Im happier now ive remembered how much of that c**p I was pouring down my throat - I ought to be happy to be alive let alone wanting to be energetic and sharp minded!

Back to basics - one day at a time - baby steps. Its been over 4 years since I really started trying to stop drinking and ive only made 11 weeks so far. Before that I only once made it over 2 weeks and a couple of times to 12 days. I believe that I was "ready" this time but I cannot explain why or how I got to that. I certainly felt that I was ready during many of my other attempts. I think its more about the action you take when you feel ready.
you lucky cow, you have 90 days coming up, so wish that, that will be a major stepping stone, you rock