View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 04:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cadence57
Barn Goddess

Originally Posted by chess
Thank u so much Cadence for sharing this. This is something I'm going through as well. I got a list of places and times for the meetings printed out but so far I haven't found the courage to go check one out. There always seems to be tons of excuses for not going.

Lately I have found that I'm a magnet for alcoholics and control freaks too and been a bit suprised to find out that I now have enough sense to end these friendships. I too spend a lot of time on my own. That pulling the blankets over my head is a familiar feeling to me in stressfull times.

Thanks for the tip of looking for the group that feels right and not to give up too soon. Let's hope that there are a groups that are happy to welcome us all somewhere out there That reference to finding a good doctor ran the point in for me
Every journey has to begin with just a single step... I know we can BOTH summon up the courage to go and we can both become resolved to getting better -- nothing to lose...
I'm going to try (again) tomorrow PM to get to an al-anon meeting. I'm not sure I'm ready for the ACOA stuff just yet... we'll see.