View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
quickbeam

Day 4 had first AA

Well today is day 4 and it feels great to wake up Sunday morning without a hangover.

Last night I went to my first AA meeting.
Everyone was so welcoming and I even shared a little. I got immediate advice and support on the things I talked about.

They were really nice to me. I have to admit felt a little uncomfortable at first, and I even felt like drinking for the first 20 mins. By the end of it, particularly the sharing of some of the people there I totally lost the feeling of wanting to drink.

I heard other stories and realized I didnt want to go through what some people went through. I have been through enough already

I got a copy of the Big Book to keep me busy.

Today I am gonna be busy doing stuff that I should have done last week, when I was binging. Feel a bit of pressure to finish this stuff quickly.

I felt a little anxious when in the supermarket today. For some reason, I feel like people are watching me or something. A kind of paranoia which I get sometimes after massive binges. It usually goes away and I am fine.
I am fine now.

I know that by drinking beer, it will go away for 2 hours but it comes back tenfold and much worse during hangovers. I know now that drinking has made my anxiety worse, rather then better.

Ok now, to go fix up some stuff that should have been done while drinking. Its gonna be a busy one today. I really wanna make it to next weeks meeting without a relapse. Im gonna be posting and reading here everyday.

It inspires me to here everyones stories.