View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 04:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mattcake

I'm on Paxil right now. AND I'm taking a benzo. I ignore people who question my sobriety, it's absolutely ridiculous, they obviously have not experienced the sheer terror of panic disorder, and are completely unaware of the statistical fact that most patients who take benzos do not abuse them *and* voluntarily lower their dose. For instance: Benzodiazepine use, abuse, and dependence. O'brien CP SourceDepartment of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania 2005:

"Due to the chronic nature of anxiety, long-term low-dose benzodiazepine treatment may be necessary for some patients; this continuation of treatment should not be considered abuse or addiction."

Anyway, it sounds like you're working together with your doctor, and that's great. Are you sure that you want to quit taking your med? Please don't allow people to bully you, it's your decision and yours alone.

Take your time tapering off Paxil, don't rush the process. Uhmm.. like D said, we can't give medical advice here. So ask your doc if he knows about the Prozac taper trick.

Take good care of yourself.