View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FindingPeace1

I think your question to us was really from you wanting to know what your RAH meant by "traditional".
But our definitions are just ours.
He could mean a million things by it.

There are a million ways to live a life.

This is a wonderful opportunity to spend some time with you and figure out who you are and what you want.

So, be watchful of yourself wanting to understand your RAH better through the thread. But I think this is a great way to understand yourself!
I often read other people's perspectives and definitions of things and find out which resonates with me.

For myself, I expect me to be financially responsible for me. I expect my partner to be financially responsible for them. If one of us were to be a stay at home parent, then the working parent would be financially responsible, but decisions would still be joint.
In my marriage, we both had times when the other wasn't working and was supported. That was fine for us.
I feel as a liberated woman, I get to have the freedoms that come with that (no one is expecting me to do all the dishes or stay at home to raise the kids if I don't want to), but it also means I gain the responsibilities (I am an equal partner in all ways).
I like to think in today's times there are few expectations. Two independently responsible individuals get together and decide as a team who works and who stays home (if anyone). Who does the trash and who does the dishes, etc. etc. Of course, I would call that modern, and not traditional.

Hugs, fp