View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bonami

Thanks again to all of you, I very much appreciate you sharing your experience, it absolutely helps. I wish you all continued success with your own recoveries!

I am glad to learn that multiple meetings per day is common in early recovery and very helpful to him. And my friend is definitely someone who has been taken out of his daily routine, so I could see where a new routine of meetings would work for him.

and Mark75, thank you; I do care a lot. When you are around somebody nearly every single day for 15 years, it's very hard to watch them go through something like this. I knew he drank too much but never realized he was so far out of control. And not hearing from him or being able to help him, especially with his situation at work, has been hard for me. That's what led me here to SR. I now have a better understanding of what he's going through, so that whenever he's truly ready to reconnect with me, I hope that I can offer the kind of support he needs. There are a couple of coworkers who are so let down that have turned their backs on him, but not me.