View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
copingwife
I must be crazy!

Yes I think they get more paranoid the worse they get. My AH thinks I'm always sneaking around or doing something sneaky. He will ask me questions that he already found answers to, just to see If I would tell him the truth. It is very frustrating to say the least. He takes things the wrong way that can lead to an argument. I think he likes to start fights when he's drinking. I have learned to detach from him from PM to PM while he down his 12 pack or more. Because I don't engage in conversation he thinks there must be someone else in my life. We are celebrating our 29 yr anniversary next week. I met him when I was 16 and he was 19, married 2 years later and had kids 10 years later. We basically grew up together. I can see a big change in him the last 2 years. It's so sad. I hope this helps to validates your concerns. For me, it just gets worse as time goes on. Good luck to you. If you find a good way to deal with this, please pass it on to me. I could sure use some coping skills on this one.