Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
masuhanley

I posted here several days ago that I had let my 15-year-old son down by allowing my ABF back into our home. He chose to go and live with his father as he could not stand to be around the ABF any longer. I felt so much guilt and shame over my decision and admitted this to everyone here. I read and re-read the posts from the folks here for the next couple of days. It became very obvious to me that I had reached my rock-bottom with my A. I ended the roller-coaster ride for good three days ago.

I am so happy to report that I took my son school-clothes shopping today and out to lunch. I asked him if he wanted to go back to his dad's and he said that he wanted to come over to my house. He told me just a little while ago that he is going to spend the night here

I know our situations are different in that you and your son live with your AH. I guess my point is that nothing is more important than being strong for our children. As someone said in an earlier post, your AH is an adult; he can take care of himself. Good luck.

Peace.

Maureen