View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 09:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Missy7

I am not yet working the steps with anyone. I am waiting to watch the group and approach someone to sponsor. I guess that's how it happens.

I liked it a lot more than I expected, and then I spent Saturday night at the pinochle table with my fam drinking beer and I drank tons of coffee and was definitely the official cut up. Go me. My daughter is learning to make me coffee rather than drinks, and it's going to be okay.

It's going to be okay.

I probably won't get to a meeting today (Sunday). My best Sundays are spent wandering around town with hubby shopping for things we don't want or going to estate sales. This behavior has traditionally included going to bars but that's out from now on.

It's hard to say it's over forever. But I know I need to keep saying it until it's not hard anymore.

I feel stable. I'm scared. I'm not scared about going to the meetings in twenty years, I'm scared that those people who have been feel anything like I do now. That's what scares me.

I bought the big book. Will begin reading a chapter a morning tomorrow. Hope it's good--I'm a lit teacher and kinda critical. Can't help it. I imagine a good carpet layer would be disappointed in my carpet--same thing.

Two meetings tomorrow. Back to home meeting at noon, women's meeting at 6:30.

There it is. I've begun.