View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

I'd have to agree with SweetCityWomen...although I am forever indebted for the compassion, caring, welcoming and openess of my AA friends I can foresee that I may not go weekly or even monthly. My home group meets on Thursdays and upon starting my new job 4 months ago I had that day off. Now that I'm promoted, my schedule will change and I will work Thursday evenings. But that's ok...I have formed a bond and togetherness with my homies and I know they are always there for me and I for them. I just won't be able to sit around the table with them.
Two men have been sober for over 25 years and they keep going for 2 reasons...1) to keep the meetings alive and going and 2)so they don't drink.
The town I work in has meetings on other nights. When the time is right I may venture into a new group. But right now I am comfortable with where I am, working full time, no desires or cravings or even an inkling of booze in my head -except what I read/write here. This keeps me grounded.
You have to know in your heart where you want to be, get there and grow new roots, new habits. I am more in control of my life right now than I've ever been since I was born. I got this.
Go to meetings and just take in what you can. Absorb it. Live it. Then reflect on where you want to be and what it all means to you.
Good Luck and keep coming back.