View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

Pull out the keyboard and make yourself at home by reading and posting as much as needed. It gets a bit quiet here during the weekends, but you are not alone.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. I think you will find support, information and encouragement for yourself here at SR. I also recommend Alanon meetings to help you learn more about alcoholism and help you make connections in your own community. It helps to know that others have walked the same path.

Her life sober will be different than her life prior to rehab. She will hopefully take with her new tools to cope with life on life's terms w/out using addiction as a means to cope. It is quite an adjustment and it is filled with daily challenges. However, it is her recovery and she will need to do this for herself.

To me, life after sobriety with a partner is like a dance. It's like you have the same dance partner, but the music is completely different and everyone needs to learn new dance steps. You learn your part, and she learns her part. Time will tell how well you dance.

I encourage you to continue to take care of yourself and learn as you go and grow.