Thread: Should I care?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 11:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
heres2hope

Skipper- lol. My husband always told me that he married me because I'm smart too! I'm wondering if he wishes I weren't so smart now!

I'd be interested in hearing how you let go of the monitoring. That's the part that is the most difficult for me now. Even when I have in my head that it's his choice and I can only control myself and my sons, I can't help but compulsively count cans and search for bottles. It's ridiculous since I know that knowing the amount does not change ANYTHING. It drives me crazy that I do this!

But for my own sanity I did have to tell him I knew what he was doing. They think they are so good at fooling everyone. I just couldn't let my ah think that. Even though it only helped me not feel so stupid.

Barelyhere- I hear ya! I think I'm not going to mention it until he says something about how he only went through one case of beer this week. I'm sure he will mention it at some point and then I can point out that it would be much more impressive had he not also been drinking vodka.

I guess I am kind of passive/aggressive when it comes to the drinking. I've tried being aggressive and it completely blew up in my face.