Thread: Should I care?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
heres2hope

Should I care?

I've been working really hard on detachment. I'm finding that I'm not at successful at it as I originally thought. For the time being, I'm committed to working on my marriage. I'm pretty sure that my husband is not interested in his own alcoholic recovery. I often feel like I'm the only one who care about getting him better. On the other hand, if he's not interested in getting better, why should I stress out about it?

Anyway, he's taking care of our friends' dogs while they are gone on vacation. I'm pretty sure he's sneaking drinks there, so he doesn't drink in front of me here (I've just recently noticed that his flask has disappeared). Do I ask him about it or should I just let him do whatever, since I can't stop him anyway.

Ugh! I could kick myself! I was doing so well with the detachment and then summer vacation came along and I was home all the time and it started bothering me again. I'm just so mad for letting myself believe that he has the desire to stop drinking and I just get disappointed again and again.