View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
beachlove

Thank you so much to everyone for your replies, your thoughtful words of encouragement and your suggestions to make the trip a bit "easier" I also think of the many many summers as a young child and as a teenager that I had an absolute blast-WITHOUT drinking. What I love most about the shore is the tranquility, the smell, the sounds of the ocean, the family togetherness-just the overall aura of it all. I plan on focusing on all of those things as I'm experiencing them. And to truly enjoy and appreciate every moment of it. Most of all, I'm super excited to spend a sober vacation with my little guy Going for a walk to get icecream with him instead of saying no because I'd rather sit on the porch and drink.....reading him his bedtime stories instead of having his mom-mom read them to him because I'm busy drinking.....you get the picture.....

I think between around 6ish and 9 will be the hardest time for me. I just have to focus on getting through those hours.....then enjoying some dessert, reading, and going to bed! I am also excited to get up EARLY in the morning!!! Go for a walk, get the paper, have some tea....and doughnuts of course Rather than being the last one in the house to get up, walking into the kitchen all blurry eyed with everyone else already up and almost finished breakfast.

Thank you again so much everyone.....your encouragement has truly lifted my spirits and has me excited for this vacation

P.S. Oh, I finally worked up the nerve to ask my husband that he not drink in the house while on vaca. I said I did not mind if he went to a happy hour here and there, but to please just not drink in the house.....he jokingly asked if he could on the porch. So, anyway, I don't think he will and that will be a huge support to me. Not trying to be selfish or unreasonable, but I am carrying his child and I think I do deserve the support