View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
beachlove

Feeling very antsy

Hello all

A little bit about myself.....I am a 32 yr old mother to a wonderful 5 yr old boy.....the light of my life. My husband and I have been trying to have another baby for the past 4 years. We thought it just wasn't going to happen for us. Well, around 5 weeks ago, I found out I was pregnant. Talk about an emotional roller coaster. Although elation was at the top of the list of my emotions, sadly fear was also a big one. Fear about having to stop drinking. Have not drank since the day before I found out....37 days now Wow, has it been tough. Especially it being the summer. Even though I enjoy beer year round, I especially enjoy it during the summer. I suppose, though, knowing that I absolutely cannot drink has made it a bit easier.

I guess you could call myself a "closet alcoholic". No one knows or knew how much I drank except for my husband and myself. Well, in 2 days we leave for a 2 week vacation down the shore. I should be so excited as I normally am for vacation. What is wrong with me? Well, I know what is wrong I guess. I won't be drinking on this vacation. We are going with my husband's parents, his brother, sister-in-law, and their two young girls. I am just so full of dread and fear. They like to break out the beers, and margaritas, and wine, etc. at around 5 each night. And that's fine, I cannot be mad at them as they do not have a problem with drinking....nor do they know how much of a struggle it will be for me to watch them drink. I was at a BBQ a few weeks ago and I had to leave because it was so difficult for me to be around people drinking. I don't know how I will handle this for 2 straight weeks.

The last thing I want to sound like is a whiny, ungrateful brat. I know I'm so fortunate to be going on vacation to my favorite place in the world with the ones I love. Why do I feel like drinking is such a huge part of vacation. I guess I'm realizing that I've always made it such a huge part. I am just so extremely irritable and I feel like I will snap at someone while down there.

Any advice is greatly appreciated God bless you all.