View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 09:07 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
brattylush

Hi

Hi everyone! Well, I did it... my first weekend in SEVERAL years, that I did not drink, I even went on a mini vacation. I dreamt about drinking (have had several dreams actually)...but didn't wake up with a hangover. I enjoyed an entire weekend without alcohol (I think I'm still in shock). I mainly concentrated on how good my body was feeling and my mind....I was actually enjoying sights, smells, tastes (other than liquor or wine), even sounds. I also kept all of you from this website in mind and in heart, thank you. This is the first 'vacation' I have ever been on that I can remember ALL of it. Now, last night on the way home, I started getting anxious... tried to start an argument with the person I was with to give me a reason to drink. I just stopped and thought really hard about what I had accomplished and I was not going to ruin that by starting a Sunday night drunk. Tonight @ 5 will be one week for me. I have stopped drinking before, but it was always for the wrong reasons, it was because I had embarrassed myself or someone I was with and I would tell myself that I wouldn't drink anymore, I lasted almost 2 weeks ONCE.. and then I drank with a vengence. This time it is so different, because: I want this, I want to be better. I'm tired of hurting people I love and I'm tired of hurting me. Just wanted to share.. I've never been on any kind of site where I post stuff, so I'm a little illiterate, got some studying to do. Again, Thank you all and StacySun, hope you're doing well...