Thread: From My Heart
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Anna
Administrator

Unhappy From My Heart

I LOVE SR, and most of you who know me know how I feel. I am passionate about this place.

SR has been a home for me since 2003. I have friends here who I love dearly and trust completely. I try to give back to SR whenever I can, but the truth is that SR and its members have given more to me than I can ever give back.

It upsets me and saddens me when I see threads that involve endless bickering. Bickering, arguing, sniping are not, and has never been, part of my recovery. And, I am so grateful for that. I am grateful that I am able to overlook the threads that deteriorate into into bashing. I am grateful that I knew instinctively, to search for posts that are uplifting, posts that discuss honest struggles, posts that show me that the member is inviting positivity into his/her life, rather than negativity.

No one's program is better or worse than anyone else's. We are all on this recovery journey together and we can choose to help each other, or we can choose to stop our journey and point fingers at others. I will never do that.