View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Shekni

Thank you, things are not looking good for the relationship.

I only found out Saturday evening that he purposely has not attempted to contact me since the previous weekend after I had given him some unsolicited advise/criticism regarding the way he was handling a boat title of all things. He said "Why bother?" when nothing he did was right according to me. There had indeed been a conversation, but in my mind it had not been serious enough to break up over... But apparently I had wounded him to the point he wanted nothing to do with me.

This time I am starting to realize that I may be better off to take his lead and let things go. Not to insist on talking or working things out. I did send him an email regarding the addiction, and admitting that I do have my own issues. I told him that he is risking his life combining the drugs with alcohol. Whether or not this even registers I will never know. I only knew that I felt that it was something I had to say, even if it's the last thing I get to tell him. Now the challenge to me will be to let it be and not attempt further contact.