View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alone22

Just don't know what to say....

This week has been a doozie. My AH earlier this week announced his desire to go to rehab. While we do have insurance for it I am being warned by the center that insurance companies deny treatment frequently. I accepted the fact that we may likely have to pay some or all of his treatment out of pocket. After 4 nights of not getting quality sleep I finally took something to help. This weekend my AF planned to have all of the family come to his house for his big announcement (which was he came into a bunch of money and was moving out of state). My brothers fiance was there and the majority of the family (including myself) met her for the first time. I was very concerned what could happen this weekend knowing what my AH was going through and that there was tension between my AF, my brother and his fiance. Their wedding is in 3 short weeks.

Last night was HORRIBLE. My AF lost his temper (yes he had been drinking) and flew off the handle at both my brother and I in front of my brother's soon to be bride. She was so scared (as was I) and my brother and I were so saddened by his actions. My dad ignored us for the rest of the night and proceed to get completely $hit faced. We all stayed the night (I live 100 miles away and my brother lives in another state) as planned, but we agreed that if he said one more hostile, negative word to us we were leaving.

This morning my dad did not say one word to us and I could tell he was still very angry. Now that I am home again I had a moment of overwhelming sadness, let myself cry and now I am trying to set new boundaries to protect myself from further insult. I know I HAVE to say something to my AF about how I feel and how his actions were not acceptable to me, however with the wedding so close I am fearful that my brother's wedding could be ruined by the unpredictability of alcoholic behavior. I surely do not want to make things worse right now and I feel a bit lost on how to approach this.

My brother indicated he would have words with our AF, but I am having trouble determining if I should step in to this now or wait until he has the chance to discuss his feelings first.. and then see how that went before I say my piece.

I am sick to my stomach over my AF behavior, especially since it was an important event so close to an even more important event.

A positive that could come from this is my AH got a front row, sober seat to this show and I think it may have really helped him see how critical it is that he finds a solid path to recovery.

Oh and I forgot to add this little tidbit.... my AH saw growing pot plants in the garage. I have no clue who they belong to (there are 4 adults living at my AF's house), but points to the further decline of a healthy lifestyle. I guess I should point out too that my AF has an AW who has at least 2 grown A children. They were all there getting smashed of course.

Best part(not)... someone threw up in the bushes and my dogs found it. We got to smell barfy wine on my pups for our 1 1/2 hour ride home. Thanks for that!