View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saphira

Thank you everyone! Really good ideas.

Mhealer3-- I'll have to check out the knitting thing. I don't knit at all but it's something that I've always wanted to learn how to do. The library thing is also a good idea. I love going to the library and reading. Maybe there's a book club or something I could join. Great ideas!

MycoolFitz-- Yes, it is good we're on a thread and not in person or I would probably be sweating profusely trying to think of something to say!! It makes me feel better that you know what I'm talking about and are making steps to change it. Honestly, I feel like such an idiot when talking to people. My Orkin lady came yesterday to spray for bugs and I small talked with her and everything but I was so nervous and started sweating! It's just really frustrating. I'm sure she didn't notice anything weird, but I wish I could enjoy those types of interactions instead of dreading them. Ya know? I guess I just need to keep pushing myself to talk to people and hopefully eventually I'll be comfortable enough to nab a friend.
Thanks again!