View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Songtx

Thanks all

So yeah, you're all pretty much right. Yes I do need to give it time, and get a life! I've been an unemployed singer, songwriter since moving to Texas almost 4 years ago. My husband and I are in a band and have done rather well. Unfortunately, over the years, we have put drinking ahead of moving forward with tbe music, I.e. practicing, recording, etc. my husband blamea me, because I don't work and apparently I should just be crapping songs out and practicing my ass off everyday. I just haven't felt like it, especially in the last 4 months or so. I'm not happy, I haven't felt good about drinking a smoking every night, and it finally got too much. How am I supposed to.feel like playing guitar and writing songs. Don't want to write sad ones. True, I am not super motivated to practice in general, but its never been this bad. So now, and for a while.now I have been "not contribiting" we actually make decent $ from the music, bit I guess we could make more. Sob story, I have major depression, and have been off meds for years. But I haven't been, I've been self medicating for years. Now I feel worse than ever, no control over my temper, crying all the time. Tried to make an appointment today, but surprise we have no money right now...