# 78 (permalink)  
Suresh

Originally Posted by michelebelle View Post
Day 2

Hugs to all

MB
Congrats!!!!

Originally Posted by kopfan View Post
Last time around in June I made 14 days and I don't know why I relapsed. It's very hard to explain?

I can understand now why Dee74 says that you might need to get more help with staying sober because it's certainly not easy to do at all.

One thing I do feel though is that relapsing is nothing to be ashamed of and in my case I feel it's made me come back stronger than ever.

I've never been very religious but this time around I've started praying before I go to sleep for the Lord to keep me sober the next day. I find it helps.

Day 8 and I'm happy to be here.
Kopfan, it sure is nice to have you here and lets fight the demon away yes?

Originally Posted by Really4Real View Post
Suresh -- 4 Days being nothing????? Come on, it's 4 days that you've beat the addiction!!! By the way, we're only on day 5 of August.... so 4 days is a lot so far this month
Thanks for the encouragement!

Originally Posted by SindyLuhu View Post
I am experiencing a lot of what everyone here is talking about...insomnia, hunger, etc.

Yesterday I fought a nasty craving at my witching hour--5 pm. I didn't think I was gonna make it but I did, somehow. It's strange how that voice is so convincing and you don't think you can ever get past it. But then after battling for however long suddenly it's gone and you don't want to take that drink anymore. I finally slept last night and woke up feeling really great today that I did not give in!

I also woke up STARVING!! It dawned on me that my body isn't getting the 900+ calories of wine at night so of course it needs FOOD! I am hoping to drop some extra pounds put on by drinking but if this hunger doesn't stop I don't know if I will.

Anyhow, Day 5 for me!

This will be my first weekend sober in a VERY LONG TIME. Anyone have suggestions how to get through it? Let's be real...at 5 pm on a Friday...HOW DO YOU KILL THAT VOICE IN YOUR HEAD?
Hi Sindy!

My suggestions is keep yourself busy with something else, talk to someone, and keep on posting here. Post all you want, no one person will come up and tell you to stop posting. SR is an ongoing lifesaver for me and for a lot of us im sure!

When i have the craving i just eat something, but i try to make sure its something healthy and just not a greasy burger or finishing up a bucket of ice cream :P Our body is craving for gooooood food!

You can do it!

Originally Posted by rae123 View Post
all of you are doing so great!!!!

super big hugs!!

Hey all!

The day is starting to come to an end for me here. Time for bed soon. Even though im pretty sure the nightsweats and vivid dreams are part of the package, I cant wait for tomorrow to come as its day 5 for me and my 1st saturday sober!!