View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 04:03 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Really4Real
ANewBeginning

Happy Weekend Eve --- better known as Friday!!!

Want2 - Don't worry about the lack of motivation to workout yet.... our bodies are still recuperating from the hell we've put it through. I was training for a marathon (before getting injured in May -- which contributed to my relapse). I tried to get something going with running for about 4 weeks now, but the drinking caved it in.... now, I'm resigned to run/walking it... but it still means I have to start getting my butt up out of bed starting tomorrow morning. I gave myself a week to let my body dry out and rest.... guess what I'm saying is go easy on yourself - for now

Welcome LI -- Like your signature... one of my favorites and sooooooo true.... Very commendable to quit both the same time. I quit smoking over 4 years ago -- obviously still had the alcohol demon on my back off and on though. Wish you the best on doing both at the same time!

Yeah Sarah - Death To Alcohol!

Suresh -- 4 Days being nothing????? Come on, it's 4 days that you've beat the addiction!!! By the way, we're only on day 5 of August.... so 4 days is a lot so far this month

KF - Congrats on day 8!!! We don't want relapse to happen, but if it does, we just get back up.... and try again. My thoughts on praying: I don't think we have to be religious to have a relationship with God, I know I have a God that I can talk to if I choose to and He'll listen and I know it helps me always - when I don't get a bug up my butt and choose to do what I want to anyway Which is usually why I relaspse.... huh...

Welcome to Day 2 MB!

Day 5 for me...... I turn a deaf ear to alcohol today. I will not listen to it. I will not give in to it's lies of false comfort or relaxation - all it does is eat away at my brain and my time and my life. I'm taking all of those back.
How about you guys??? We in this today together???

There is no doubt no matter how many times we've fallen that we can get back up and beat this thing -- makes my want to drag my Rocky movies out and watch them this weekend.

For those over the pond and going into the afternoon/evening - be strong! You can do this! Do what it takes... call someone.... stay on here.... remember what brought you to SR -- why you want to quit.... step away from the alcohol aisle - or my favorite - if you have to go to the store is looking at the aisle and saying, 'I hate you' - makes me feel good

Have a good sober day all!