View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saphira

I think that there is an adjustment period that has to happen when you quit alcohol. I used to wait until 5 to start drinking and that was usually when I would start cooking supper as well. I LOVED cooking a great meal while sippin' on my booze. It was my ritual. After I quit drinking, I remember cooking and just feeling like it sucked...that something was missing. I wondered if I would ever actually enjoy cooking again. This went for many things in my life-- even watching tv or cleaning. It took some time, but now it's normal for me to not have a drink while doing these things. In fact, the other night I had gotten out all of my ingredients and was beginning to cook and realized that it never crossed my mind that I wish I had a drink with me. I think you need to allow yourself some time to get used to your new situation.
By the way, I'm not sure of your situation or how you ended up after drinking, but even though I loved the cooking hour, I did NOT love how the rest of the night typically went which was me creating a scene with my husband and then passing out.
Maybe you're expecting things to be too different too quickly. It takes time.