View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Songtx

Grumpy, bored, when does it change?

Been off drinking now 1 week. It was remarkably easy, even went out to see a friends' band but that was weird and boring (maybe it was too soon). So, as I mentioned before, husband still drinks, and that's been what we do since we met 5 years ago. We'd just hang on the porch drinking all night listening to music, or we'd barbecue some ribs all day and just drink beer. Last night we were making dinner and it was just not the same. Nothing is the same. He's still drinking and I get bored.now because I'm not. I also get kind of annoyed when he starts getting tipsy and slurring. I have been so cranky and thinking it isn't fair because drinking was fun and now I feel like a bore. I notice evryone drinking around me, the neighbors, people buying beer at! the grocery store (and our brand, mind you). I feel pretty decent during the day, but I never started drinking until 5 or so anyway, except on the weekend. Oh, we also went to the lake, which was normally a case of beer outting. When we weren't in the water, it was dull without sipping on the beer and.getting tipsy. I supppse it must get better, but it seems even for non alcoholics, drinking just makes everything more fun. Even my friend who doesn't like drinking says going to shows is mostly boring without having a drink. I could easily just smoke pot instead, but why do I, or anyone, feel the need to be under the influence to have fun?!? Sorry such a long post, but AAARRGH!