View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

I second Mark's good for you!
My wife still drinks and more than just one or two, but not an alcoholic . . .yet. My quitting was fully supported by her, and I think she was amazed that I really meant it this time. I also quit smoking 3 packs of smokes a day, and that is not an exaggeration at all. She still smokes also but outside or under the kitchen vent hood which is a real one to outside.

I did notice that she was programmed to be defensive about the same time every night and that would be consistent and our old fights which always happened then. Now that I am sober I think she still tries to argue at that time out of habit! LOL! I shut it down with a simple rein yourself in a bit or I can go elsewhere with no drama. It took me awhile to realize that while I was drinking she got away with a lot of stuff, and since I have stopped we went through a great time for a few months, a rough time for a few months, and we are coming back to an even keel again as I approach my first year of sobriety. The bad thing about being sober is I am seeing the alcohol use progress in her. So we will have to go through this again with her in the hot seat at some time in the future if we are typical and maybe she stops before I did and we are lucky that can be avoided. For now she can stop. And it is none of my business until it becomes a problem for me. I would not have appreciated her doing that to me before I had a problem.