View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
725bygrace

So many have gone through the same struggles. Thanks for your input. You helped me think it through.

I blame myself for hubby not taking me seriously. He never knew how much I drank ... I hid it well. We were drinking nightly. For him it would just be a beer or two. (a little more on the weekends) For me, it was a bottle of wine or more each night. (I'd fill the empty bottle 1/2 full with water & food coloring so he didn't know it was gone.) For a time, he drank wine with me thinking that then I wouldn't drink as much. When that happened, I'd start a second bottle and hide it under the sink until morning.

For the past few months, I was having a few drinks before he got home from work - and then drinking the usual amount with him as well - thats when I realized I had a real problem.

I think hubby would rather push the subject under the rug - he (we) have so much we're dealing with right now. It is overwhelming. And thats okay - I really don't need his approval - I quit for ME.

My best course of action is to "wait it out". Once he sees that I'm serious about quitting, I know he'll support my decision. He desperately wants to see me happy again.