View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
SoberHooligan

Good morning Fen,

If you're like me your outlook is different this am then it was last night. Like maybe you think you over reacted and things aren't that bad. I had many nights where I wanted to reach out for help, didn't, then repeated my insane behavior the next day. My life was miserable and consisted of ehether, i I had any booze left hidden in the basement, what time the liquor store opened and how much cash I could withdraw without raising a red flag. I was caught in a whirlpool I couldn't get out of that I know was only going to end up with me or worse, someone else, dead. I finally reached the point,(which I'm now convinced was Gods help) where I checked myself into a detox hospital drunk one night because I was so fearful of killing someone with my car.

That was 5 1/2 months ago. I finally took the step you are contemplating and I can tell you how much better my life is now. My wife and whole family were very supportive. They finally knew what was wrong with me and have embraced my recovery. I now remember the conversations I had yesterday, see the beauty that life offers us everyday, and I'm getting back to being the man I was before this disease kicked my arse.

Life is better sober.Please give yourself another chance at the life God wants for you.

SH