View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Wife2anaddict

Of course I'm not going to tell you what to do, but let me share my experience. My RAH used just two weeks before our wedding. His DOC is crack. We were eloping to the Carribean,but our plane tickets were purchased, hotel PAID for, dress bought, BIG deposits given to the wedding planner, photographer, etc. He used at his bachelor party after he'd not used for quite a long time. I have to admit, that I completely minimized his use as much as he did at the time. I thought he just partied a little too hard. After all, we'd party together, and I certainly was not an addict. I'd even TRIED crack and didn't care for it! So, we got married. Fast forward 6 years. He's had lots of clean time, but not short of relapses. This last relapse was bad enough for inpatient rehab. So, looking back, I was in denial just as much, if not, more than he was. Doing crack/cocaine in the basement at all hours of the night is NOT just recreational, or a slip up. It's serious business and yes, it WILL get worse if he doesn't get serious help. For the past 6 years, my RAH has been involved in NA. He goes to several meetings a week, only hangs around with NA people, has held the same job, has paid the bills, supported his children, and was STILL able to let his drug use spin out of control. At this point, he's been clean for about 4 months. He's not living in our home so he can work FULL TIME on his recovery, while I work on mine. 6 years ago, I would have never thought that I'd be spending my Wednesday nights at Codependents Anonymous meetings, he'd be living in a halfway house, and I'd have a website like SR bookmarked on my phone and computer....