View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lawyer101

I need to quit now!

I'm a 31-year-old male who has come to the realization that he has a problem: a disease called alcoholism. At first, alcohol was fun and games. I have been shy all my life and with alcohol, I found myself to be a fun and confident person. Starting in 2009, however, alcohol started becoming an issue. I cannot recall the number of times I got complete wasted and acted like an idiot.

Fast forward to last Friday. I went out to a rooftop bar after work and had a few drinks. I remember taking a shot with some random girls and that is the last thing I remember. I woke up the next morning in my house (not sure how I got there) covered in vomit. Yes, perhaps the lowest point in my life.

This was a wakeup call for me (I HOPE!) and I’ve made the decision to completely quit alcohol. I’ve tried the “drink in moderation” or “only drink beer,” etc. routines, but none have worked. After I’ve had two drinks, I become a different person – a person I abhor when I’m sober.

I’m opening myself on this forum because you people seem like nice folks. I hope that I can remain strong and beat this addiction.

Thanks for reading!