View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Fandy

My 2nd ex is also a physician. I understand about the ego and the sense of entitlement, depending on his circumstances. If he is a partner in a group private practice, the others do not want him to taint their reputation. Sooner or later someone is going to get tired of covering his mistakes. If he is in academic medicine, he has to answer to his department chair and his actions are routinely scrutinized, usually it's a one year contract, and if he's not producing, publishing research or actively teaching, he's not going to get renewed. Medicine is a business too.

If he is stealing meds and writing false prescriptions, someone will get caught, his addiction will come to the surface (I hope toGod he is not a surgeon). He will be referred to a physicians group that specializes in counseling the docs. and made to
report to sessions. He has to do this in order to keep his license and will be under scrutiny for a long time....if he is in private practice, it will affect his income and malpractice insurance big time.

I don't see how your past problems have anything to do with his active addiction? He seems to be shifting the blame conveniently to take the spotlight off of him.

I hope you have legal advice, good luck, protect yourself and the kids.