View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

Welcome to SR! Glad you found us, but sorry for what brings you here. I hope you'll stick around and read and post often. Please read the stickie posts at the top of this forum. There is a lot of helpful information there.

You ask what are the chances he will recover. There is always a chance, but first, the addict must be so miserable that another second of continuing as he has been is worse that doing whatever it takes to seek recovery. The fact that he is high-functioning now won't always be the case. Addiction is progressive. It never gets better unless the addict seeks help.

Everyone has their breaking point. Sounds like you have about reached yours. The fact that you even sought out a forum like this proves that. He throws everything in your past in your face because it makes him feel justified in continuing his behavior. Of course, it isn't justified, but addicts aren't known for their rational thinking.

Again, welcome to SR. There are a lot of very caring people here who have been exactly where you are. We're here to support you.