Thread: what to do?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 02:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
husbandfather

After trying 4-5 different rehabs and programs, the program that worked for me was a regiment of suboxone and then simply my desire to be the best father and husband I could be. My wife followed right beside me and for the longest time there was peace.
To be honest...when I met her she went into a program to get clean from excessive cocaine and vicodin. that lasted about 3 years until I had oral surgery and got prescribed an excessive amount of percocets. I am not sure when I stopped taking them because I had to and continued to because I wanted to. All I know is that once they ran out my wife showed me I could get them on the street. That progressed all the way to about $600/day in heroin and oxycontins. Her and I shared this addiction together. It was my choice to get clean and she was all for it.
I havent looked back. 8/5/05 was the LAST day I took anything and will continue to be so.
About 3 years ago she went to a Doctor for some much needed counceling and when she left she was taking Ritalin. This is nothing more than an amphetimine. NOT what an addict should have. Her friend quickly showed her how to crush and snort them.
I didnt even know about it for 2 years. I just knew something was wrong.
For those who are not familiar with Ritalin and the abuse cycle. You dont sleep for days on end then you crash. It causes visions, hearing things, suspicious thoughts, paranoia, and eventually schizophrenia. She could snap at any moment and never come back.
I hear everything people are telling me...I dont like a lot of it. Because I know its right. I guess I'll just have to let it take its course. I will give her the support I can and keep setting a good example and hope for the best.